Sunday, 17 November 2013

Showcase Sunday #3

Showcase Sunday, hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea.

At first, this week's haul was pretty small. The next Mari Hannah book, a gorgeous non-fiction about King Oswald (Tolkien's inspiration for Aragon in LotR) and a new book journal to scribble my review notes in.

Local books ahoy!
But I've been spending the weekend in Alnwick and ended up in Barter Books. This shop is amazing and if you ever get the chance then GO GO GO. The Little Book of Poison,s Potions and Aphrodisiacs was from the shop at Alnwick Gardens (freaking gorgeous place, I get annual memberships every year) and I thought it'd be a great companion to the Poison Diaries series.

I love old books. And new books. All books really.

The Net Galley pick this week was Run to Me, which I've been hearing all sorts of wonderful about. I hope it lives up to the glowing reviews I've read so far! And it's got a pretty neat cover, promising all sorts of thrilling reading and twists.

Looks to be pretty thrilling

I decided on TF Muir's Eye for an Eye for my work-time listen this week. I've never read any TF Muir but I've heard great things and it was on offer. So I'm starting at the beginning of the series and crossing my fingers that it's good.

Good ol' crime!

12 comments:

  1. New follower. I like meeting new bloggers and new people. The journal is really nice. I like the covers. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, awesome books!! I really enjoyed The Poison Diaries :) The journal is cool and I must get one myself for blogging stuff. Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I absolutely loved Poison Diaries, I'm still to read the original Weed's diary one which the novels were based on. You read either of the shorts?

      Delete
  3. Great books! I've heard The Yard is excellent, been meaning to pick that one up for awhile now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, when I saw it I nabbed it :)

      Delete
  4. Oooo, I absolutely love that book journal, it's so pretty! Where is it from? :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paperchase - it's the only one I've been able to find! I've been after one for ages and while I don't agree with (more than) a few of Papercahse's practices, I couldn't find one anywhere else so caved and bought it.

      Delete
  5. I love the Book Journal, it's so pretty! Hope you enjoy your new reads and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Run to Me looks really good and I love your new Book Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same book journal as you! :)
    Little Book of Poisons Potions and Aphrodisiacs looks really good! I need to get around to getting The Poison Diaries series.
    Great haul! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new reads! The covers are gorgeous. Enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great books there, they look so pretty and very interesting :)

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete